6/22/2009

Metal Detecting and Camping Oh My!

Just so everyone knows, my husband has a fairly new hobby of metal detecting. He loves it. It takes time, patience, and a good wife to let him go out to the parks with the kids while he looks for money and other little trifles. He has asked if he can post on the blog, I told him to do it because it is a family blog. He has been doing this since mid-October I think, and has collected over $20 in different change and other bits and bobs that are unique and interesting. He would love to detect peoples older yards, looking for siver items. This last weekend we camped in Morgan at their Lions Club lodge. He only did a small section of grass close to the parking area and found over $3 in change. Not bad for one day. He enjoys it. I like for him to be happy, he deserves it!

We came home from camping a day earlier than usual, which turned out to be terrific. Our bedding had been rolled up and ready to pile in the car when it started to downpour. Oh My GOODNESS! I'm glad we were leaving, everything would have been soaked if we weren't. Our dumb tent started leaking! What a day. It rained for most of Saturday. YUCK! It was still a good thing we left because three of my four kids ended up having fevers at some point on Sunday. Poor girl #2 has strep throat, Boy #1 has something but the doctor isn't sure, and Boy #2 has a wicked looking ear canal and has to have drops put in. Thank goodness girl #1 is feeling just fine. She has always been terrific to help me with the younger ones. I love my kids. I feel bad most of them are sick. UGH! it's summer and they can't go outside. Poor things. Hopefully they will be better by the weekend. I hear it will be raining again...uh, what are they going to do? Better luck next week is all I'm hoping for.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What an interesting hobby to pick up. Can't complain about the extra cash though!
That rain last Saturday was intense! We totally got soaked! Glad you were able to get out of it for sure. Too bad you couldn't have escaped everyone getting sick though. :p