7/26/2010

13 Years!!!!


Yesterday we celebrated 13 years of marriage. It hasn't always been easy, but I don't believe we had more or harder problems than others, but we have always worked it out. Always. Otherwise I wouldn't be writing about this. Stephen and I met in high school, he was a grade older. We were just friends and didn't start dating until after I had graduated from high school. Our first date ever was a hike up waterfall canyon, it was also our second hike thankfully. (I didn't finish the first time due to work, lack of sleep and food. I did redeem myself with the second date.) Many more hikes and dates followed. I kinda wiped all the other girls from his memory, or at least blew them all out of the water.
We married two years later on the day of our first date. The ceremony was under his parents cherry tree. We were sealed on our one year anniversary, having Girl #1 sealed to us. Being sealed in the temple was the.best.decision.ever! Because of our sealing, we have made it through many things and I know that we will make it through all things. We have been given strength because of this decision.
He is my life. Because of him, I have been blessed with 4 wonderful children; I'm learning patience; to have an open mind and to consider things when I don't know the answer; to budget better; to be more compassionate to others because I don't know their circumstances; to love easier and better.

I have truly been blessed by the Lord. He has given me an incredible gift in my husband. I am truly grateful for all that we can do and accomplish. I love my husband. What more can I say?

2 comments:

Julie w said...

Congratulations you guys! 13 years? Wow!

Kenzie said...

CONGRATS!! 13 years is a long time.. You can tell you guys are still so much in love